WeatherTone® pre-finished low maintenance weatherboard
WeatherTone® is a low maintenance weatherboard system which provides the look and feel of timber cladding without the installation and maintenance problems associated with real wood. It is stable and colourfast – a truly modern construction material. Planks are 3660mm long (12’), available in up to 17 colour options in 4 styles.
- Lapboard 9”
- Lapboard 6” (while stocks last)
Ideal for any commercial or domestic new build or refurbishment project:
- conservation areas to give traditional appeal
- overcladding and lightweight rainscreen
- modern construction methods (steel or timber frame)
- modular buildings, park homes or garden offices
- the appearance of solid wood without knots, voids or imperfections
- consistent and well defined cedar woodgrain
- 17 standard colours including 2-tone wood colours
- no fading, mellowing or darkening with the sunlight
- full range of colour matched trims and accessories
- durable, engineered with added resin, wax and alum
- strong and dimensionally stable – will not crack, dent, split or warp.
WeatherTone® is made from high quality wood grain from cedar and maple (using the entire tree), breaking down into 100% natural wood fibres, then combined with a 1.5% mix of resin, wax and alum, and compressed under extreme heat and pressure. The surface treatment consists of 5 separate coats of acrylic paint (environmentally safe water-based formula) baked on at high temperature.
WeatherTone® is engineered timber and therefore must be stored correctly on site: Immediately upon delivery the pallet must be placed in a sheltered and ventilated area out of direct sunlight. All polythene wrapping must be removed.
Easy to fit, using ordinary carpenters’ tools. Battening and breathable membranes must be used, providing a fully ventilated cavity, allowing the cladding and the building to breathe. Vulcan can assist with any unusual details or any other advice. The beauty of the system is… no site painting and no re-painting.
A twice yearly wash should be carried out using warm water and mild household detergent, followed by a rinse with clean water.
5 year 100% labour and materials warranty; limited 10 year warranty on the factory paint finish & substrate, subject to correct installation and cleaning. For full warranty information please contact Vulcan sales office.