VulcaLap® – aluminium rainscreen system
VulcaLap® is an aluminium rainscreen system designed to simulate traditional Shiplap or timeless Tongue and Groove (T&G) boarding, exploiting the superior performance of lightweight aluminium extrusions. VulcaLap® is available up to 6m long, anodised or powder coated in any RAL colour and 11 WOOD finishes with stunning results! VulcaLap® is carefully designed to speed up site-fixing time with a full range of easily-assembled robust extrusions and pre-drilled screw clips. Suited to highly exposed projects such as Sumburgh Airport in the Shetland Islands, and A2 fire rated, VulcaLap® gives property investors complete peace of mind.
- Suitable for buildings over 18m high
- Commercial, education and residential – new build and refurbishment.
- Private homes, park homes and holiday lodges
- Lightweight rainscreen, overcladding & infill cladding
- Reaction to fire classification A2 – s1, d0. Limited Combustibility.
- Powder coated in any RAL colour, 11 WOOD finishes, also anodised AA25 silver.
- Short lead times.
- Flush effect joints; all cuts hidden, no silicone required.
- Standard plank lengths 3, 4, 5 & 6 metres.
- 10 year warranty on the finish.
- Withstands extreme windloads
- Sustainable and 100% recyclable.
VulcaLap® aluminium rainscreen system is made from extruded aluminium 6063T6, powder coated to any RAL colour (special colours available on request), 11 WOOD finishes or anodised. Manufactured in standard 3, 4, 5 & 6 metre lengths.
Wood finishes are not a foil-facing. Realistic polyurethane grain lines and colouring are fused into the main polyester powder coating under extreme heat. The resultant surface is more scratch-resistant.
Installation of VulcaLap® aluminium rainscreen is fast and easy. Suitable to fit with staggered, weatherproof joints, or modular with continuous vertical joints. Aluminium is cut with fine-toothed metal cutting saw blades. Fix to aluminium ZED section or timber battens at 600mm c/c with pre-drilled fixing clips. Complete with colour matched aluminium trims. Vulcan supply Fire-rated breathable membrane, ZED sections and Helping Hand support systems – please enquire here
The powder coated or anodised finish requires only regular cleaning.
Anodised and powder coated finishes have a 10 year warranty (WOOD finishes are tested in the Sunshine State of Florida), subject to correct maintenance regime. Overall life expectancy of powder coated aluminium is in excess of 40 years.