VulcaLap® aluminium rainscreen
VulcaLap® is an aluminium rainscreen system designed to simulate traditional Shiplap and T&G boarding whilst exploiting the superior performance of lightweight aluminium extrusions. These robust planks are now available in lengths up to 6 metres long, powder coated in any RAL colour and 11 new WOOD finishes! Site handling is no problem for the VulcaLap installer; a 6 metre plank can be fitted single-handed.
- Reaction to fire classification A2 – s1, d0. Non-combustible
- Domestic, education and commercial – new build and refurbishment.
- Private homes, park homes and holiday lodges
- Lightweight rainscreen, overcladding & infill cladding
- Powder coated in any RAL colour, 11 WOOD finishes, also anodised AA25 silver.
- Short lead times
- Flush effect joints; all cuts hidden, no silicone required
- Standard plank lengths 3, 4, 5 & 6 metres.
- 10 year warranty on the finish.
- Withstands extreme windloads
- Sustainable and 100% recyclable.
VulcaLap® aluminium rainscreen system is made from extruded aluminium 6063T6, powder coated to any RAL colour (special colours available on request), 11 WOOD finishes or anodised. Manufactured in standard 3, 4, 5 & 6 metre lengths.
Wood finishes are not a foil-facing. Realistic polyurethane grain lines and colouring are fused into the main polyester powder coating under extreme heat. The resultant surface is more scratch-resistant.
Installation of VulcaLap® aluminium rainscreen system is fast and easy. Aluminium is cut with fine-toothed metal cutting saw blades. Fixed to metal or timber battens at 600mm c/c with pre-drilled fixing clips. Complete with colour matched aluminium trims, Vulcan also supply aluminium ZED sections or Helping Hand rainscreen support system if required.
The powder coated or anodised finish requires only regular cleaning.
Anodised and powder coated finishes have a 10 year warranty (WOOD finishes are tested in the Sunshine State of Florida), subject to correct maintenance regime. Overall life expectancy of powder coated aluminium is in excess of 40 years.