Thermowood® is high quality timber cladding with natural weather resistance made from specially selected Northern Scandinavian Redwood (Pinus Sylvestris). It is an attractive natural product which will change colour naturally with weather - this is to aesthetic advantage as required by some architects, planners and clients.
Thermowood® is specified in many commercial, domestic, new build or refurbishment project where real timber weatherboard is required, including:
- conservation areas to give traditional appeal
- overcladding and lightweight rainscreen
- new build and renovation including fascia/soffit
- modern construction methods (steel, timber frame or concrete)
- barn conversion or decorative finish to industrial units
- park homes, garden offices
- suits on/off site installation
- PEFC Certified
- Thermally modified to optimise performance and reduce maintenance
- Natural and free from chemical additives
- Product can be machined to various section sizes as required
The Thermowood® process respects the natural properties of wood. This patented production process is based on the gradual thermal modification or wood, wherein the chemical and physical properties of the wood undergo permanent change. This is achieved by heat treating specially selected Northern Scandinavian Redwood (Pinus Sylvestris) to 212° Celsius in a continuous unique kilning process whilst protecting it with steam. This thermal process enhances the chemical and physical properties of the timber and provides greater weather resistance without the need for toxic chemical preservative treatment. Thermowood® meets the European consumer safety, health and environmental requirements.
Fire Retardant Treatment Available
We can offer Non-Com Exterior treatment to achieve Class 1 Surface Spread of Flame - find out more here - http://www.lonzafiretreatments.eu/non-com-exterior-treatment
Installation is relatively easy; timber selection may be required. Recognised best practice fitting details should be adhered to in order to maximize the performance. We can manufacture Thermowood® to various section shapes and sizes to give the desired effect!
Please send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org complete with as much information as possible including drawings, sizes and pictures so that we can assist with a budget costing.